Fifty Facts About Me
1. I hate wet hair on my back. HATE it. It gives me the heeby-jeebies.
2. I used to play piano…and oboe…and bassoon.
3. Now, I sing. It’s a release for me.
4. I don’t do solos unless I’m in the car.
5. My favorite food, hands-down, is cheesecake.
6. I’m a Diet Coke fanatic. Although, I do have to admit, I’m on a Coke Cherry Zero kick right now.
7. I love reading. I try to read everyday.
8. My favorite theologian is C.S. Lewis but I’m also a fan of G.K. Chesterton. When you can prove God by using fairy tales, like Chesterton does in ‘Orthodoxy’ that’s an instant win.
9. If you include moving dorms in school, I’ve moved 15 times in my life. I’ve had to start completely over 8 times.
10. My last move was in July 2008 and I’m starting to get restless. This is the longest I’ve lived in one building since I was 15.
11. I love dogs- cats, not so much. One day, hopefully in the near future, I’m going to get a dog.
12. I’m obsessed with the UK. Yes, I’m a card-carrying member of AA- Anglophiles Anonymous.
13. I studied there for a semester in college and have been longing to go back ever since.
14. Oddly enough, I feel the most at home in the UK.
15. My favorite music is classic rock. I do have an eclectic taste but classic rock just makes my heart smile.
16. Random facts also make my heart smile.
17. I’m terrible at math. I’d rather write a paper about why I’ll never need to know how to properly use a graphing calculator, imaginary numbers, and matrices than actually do the math itself.
18. I’m a huge fan of wit. Quick come backs from others keeps me on my toes and I can’t get enough of it.
19. I grew up going to camp every summer at Silver Birch Ranch. SBR played a substantial role in creating my foundation in my faith.
20. My favorite TV show is called The Big Bang Theory. It’s incredibly nerdy but so funny. One episode of BBT will make any hard day instantly better.
21. My favorite fiction book is called ‘Atonement’. It’s by Ian McEwan. Yes, there’s a movie about it. No, I haven’t seen it. Books are always better than the movie anyway.
22. I don’t like making blanket statements. This, inevitably, makes choosing favorites very hard (even if I did just tell you my favorite book). But, favorites are subject to change, right?
23. I’d rather have pearls than diamonds.
24. I’m a simple person and don’t do gaudy. Bigger isn’t always better, folks.
25. I have an older brother. For four days of the year, we’re the same age. Those are my favorite four days of the year.
26. Many days, my mind is filled with planning a trip. Speaking of which, it’s about time for another trip…
27. My favorite book in the Bible is Proverbs.
28. Making lists makes me happy. Crossing things off the lists makes me even happier.
29. I’m a dancing fool. Give me a good beat and I can’t stand (or sit) still.
30. When I’m really excited by food, I do my happy-food dance.
31. I’ve backpacked through Europe. If I could do it all over again, I’d only change two things. 1. I wouldn’t have mono. 2. I’d have had more beds/showers.
32. I don’t like cruises because I want to experience the culture of the place I visit and not just hit the tourist sights.
33. I love taking silly pictures, specifically of my friends and me doing ridiculous poses.
34. I chose my college using an Excel spreadsheet. Seriously.
35. When I was about 11, I told my mom I wanted to change my name. Needless to say, that didn’t go over very well and the name change never happened.
36. In high school, I won the ‘actress of the year’ award.
37. I’m petrified of heights…and ice skating.
38. In the car, I don’t talk much. It’s like my mind pauses when I enter a vehicle. With other people in the car, I have to remind myself to talk.
39. Photography is my creative release. I’d love to take a photography class. My favorite subject is nature and architecture.
40. I’ve never broken a bone.
41. I went to boarding school for high school. No, it wasn’t because I was a bad kid. And I’m not sure if I would send my kids to boarding school.
42. I’ve taken French since I was 11. I should be more proficient than I am, but I can get around fairly well in a French speaking country.
43. I wish I had blue eyes. I’m learning to appreciate my dark green ones, though.
45. I don’t like shopping.
46. I am, however, a little obsessed with shoes.
47. My life rarely has a dull moment. Sometimes I think I should write my memoirs because the things that happen to me are honestly incredible. When my friends have a crazy story from their lives, it’s known as a ‘Stacey story’.
48. My favorite night at Bible study happened at a Starbucks nearby. We witnessed a sting operation…like I said, never a dull moment.
49. Moving often has taught me to love meeting new people and be more outgoing. I used to be, and can sometimes still be, an introvert. I’ve had to learn extrovert habits.
50. My dream is to live and work overseas. It’s going to happen.
Your turn. Give me 3 facts about yourself!