I’m peeking my head back in here after a few weeks of travel. For Easter, I flew home to surprise my mom and I don’t think I could have asked for a better reaction! It was really nice to be home, see some old friends, and spend time with family. I normally don’t go home for Easter and have to say being with family for the holiday really made it special. The next week I went on vacation with a friend of mine from high school. It was just the recharge I needed! I took a break from technology and let myself be present.
I thought I’d give some highs and lows over the past few weeks.
1. Connecting with childhood friends while home
2. Lent ending and getting to eat some delicious foods
3. Soaking up sun on the beach with a good friend
4. Learning my skin actually can get some color
5. Being trusted enough to sit with a friend in her hard
6. God working out the big picture and the small details
7. Starting (and finishing) ‘Radical‘ by David Platt. If you haven’t read this, you need to go out and buy it today! Definitely a life changer.
8. Encouraging emails from friends who know just what to say
9. A lovely afternoon spent with a friend near the waterfront talking and praying for each other
10. Warm weather!
1. Realizing I have so much more to learn about trust, letting go, and control
2. Watching a friend hurt so much and not being able to fix it
3. Understanding that I won’t always have all the answers
What about you? What have been your highs and lows over these past few weeks?