- Being reminded that God tells us exactly what we need to hear when we need to hear it. I just started reading Joshua in my 3 month Bible read through. God constantly tells Joshua to be strong, be courageous, and not to be dismayed. God doesn’t tell this to Joshua just to say it. He tells this to Joshua because Joshua needed to hear it. The frequent repetition tells me that Joshua was scared, timid, and easily discouraged. He needed God to remind him that He could carry out God’s plans.
- I’ve been going for walks after work. I live near this little lake and it’s so nice to walk laps around it, listen to music, and de-stress after a long day at work.
- I’ve been reconnecting more and more with friends since I’ve been back from South Africa. It’s been wonderful to share about our summers, share what God is teaching us, and share life again.
- My dear friend Karen gets married tomorrow and I.am.so.excited!
- Too much work to do at work. Long hours, frustrating misunderstandings, and not an end in sight (yet).
- Not having time to read my Bible every night due to #1.
- Continuing to struggle with my reverse culture shock even though I have been back for almost 3 full weeks now!
- God is continuing to teach me and stretch me. I’m thankful for this time of refining and pruning but haibo, my heart could use a rest!
Ok, now it’s your turn. I want to hear your highs, your lows, and anything in between!