Easter is a celebration. Sometimes I get caught up in too many peeps, an array of pastels, and enjoying the long-time coming warm weather. This year, I have been reminded to celebrate all that Christ has done for me. So, in true Type A style, I will make a list.
- Offering me the free gift of His love
- Taking on the burden of my sin
- Allowing me to escape the sting of death
- Redeeming me by His blood He shed on Good Friday
- Showing me unconditional love in a word full of conditions
- Walking me through the darkest nights of my soul
- Renewing hope in my heart when I lose sight of the light at the end of the tunnel
- Guiding me towards HIs best for me even when I don’t fight for the best for myself
- Presenting me with friends who challenge and love me
- Keeping me unsatisfied with my status quo
- Always providing the provision and healthcare to keep me healthy
- Refining my character in trials to make me more like Him
- Blessing me with unique talents and gifts to further His Kingdom
- Giving me a family who makes me strive to be a better person
- Restoring my soul to evict rotten characteristics and replace them with His fruit
There are so many other things. So many instances I could tell you about where Christ clearly was protecting and loving me. I am grateful and humbled by His innumerable free gifts. I love my Saviour, my Living Saviour.
What are you celebrating today?